Mission Statement The United States Taekwondo Museum and Hall of Fame is a private, non-profit, educational museum. The mission of the United States Taekwondo Museum and Hall of Fame is to establish a facility which will examine and reveal the history of the ancient martial art of Taekwondo, as well as the Korean culture from which it emerged. The United States Taekwondo Museum and Hall of Fame will feature the Grandmasters and athletes who have served as pioneers in the art and Olympic sport of Taekwondo in the United States.
Goals and Objectives
- Educate all visitors in the philosophy, principle, and practice of Taekwondo.
- Work in association with the United States Taekwondo Grandmasters Society in researching both ancient and U.S. Histories of Taekwondo.
- Use interactive displays, videos, lives demonstrations, and knowledgeable tour guides to create for all visitors a positive experience and better understanding of the true spirit of Taekwondo.
- Create a Hall of Fame which will celebrate the individuals whose contributions and personal achievement have furthered and enhanced the martial art and sport of Taekwondo in the United States.
- Demonstrate the intrinsic values of studying Taekwondo for people of all ages, and particularly for children and young adults.
Hall of Fame Awards Nominating Criteria
Download PDF – USTGS Hall of Fame Awards Selection and Nominating Criteria in English. – USTGS Hall of Fame Awards Selection and Nominating Criteria in Korean.